Benefits of working for Austrade
There are many benefits of working for Austrade. Feedback from our staff tells us that Austrade is great place to work.
Benefits of working for Austrade:
Flexible and supportive working environment
- An inclusive and diverse environment where different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued
- Flexible working hours to support work/life balance
- Opportunities for part time employment and home based work where these fit with operational requirements
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Program for help with personal and work related problems
- Free access to the Family Care Link service to assist with finding childcare and other family support services
- Staff consultation arrangements to enable you to have your say
Generous leave provisions including:
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 20 days per year personal leave for personal illness, carer and other personal responsibilities (such as caring for children when sick)
- The opportunity to purchase up to two weeks additional leave each year
- Paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- 14 weeks paid maternity, adoption and foster carers’ leave
- Other types of paid and unpaid leave to meet individual needs
- Annual salary advancement in the pay scale for your classification based on effective work performance
- Generous superannuation schemes
- Further Information on Austrade conditions of employment can be found in the Austrade Enterprise Agreement 2012-2014 (PDF).
A high performance culture
- Individual performance and development agreements with your manager and regular reviews
- A collegiate and results driven environment, working with friendly and respectful people
- Access to training and career development programs within Austrade, within partner organisations, and in the commercial business sector as well as across the broader Australian Public Sector
- Support to undertake further study and language training
- Recognition for results and achievements
Austrade supports and encourages Workplace Diversity through its Workplace Diversity Action Plan (PDF).
Austrade recognises the importance of working toward achieving recognition, respect and change for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
As part of our commitment to Reconciliation, and to improve the attraction and retention of Indigenous Australians in the APS, Austrade has implemented its first Reconciliation Action Plan, which has been endorsed by Reconciliation Australia.
Austrade’s participation in (Stepping Into Program) through the National Disability Association has provided the opportunity for disabled university students to undertake a paid internship, leading to potential graduate placement.