What can you claim?
What is an eligible product?
To qualify for an EMDG grant, your business must have promoted your product for export and your product must be one of the following:
- a good made in Australia
- a good made outside Australia where Australia will derive a significant net benefit from its sale overseas (see the EMDG guide to exports (PDF) for more information)
- all services except those specified as ineligible in the EMDG Regulations
- a tourism service (including accommodation, passenger transport or tours)
- a conference or event held in Australia
- an intellectual property right that mainly resulted from work done in Australia (see IP registration and insurance (PDF) for more information)
- a trademark that was owned, assigned or first used in Australia
- know-how that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
Categories of claimable activity
You may claim for expenditure on specific export promotional activities undertaken during the grant year. For your first grant you may claim expenses incurred during the past two financial years.
EMDG supports nine categories of promotional activities. Details of these claimable expenses are available in the publication EMDG in brief (PDF).