Resources for consultants
Information on becoming an EMDG Consultant
EMDG Extended Lodgement Consultant QIP Determination 2012
This section provides resources for EMDG Consultants.
The application period for self-prepared claims for the 2014-15 grant year, and for lodgement by Consultants not approved for extended lodgement are now closed.
Applications for self-prepared claims for the 2015-16 grant year, and for lodgement by Consultants not approved for extended lodgement will open on 1 July 2016 until mid-night Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEDT ) 30 November 2016.
From 1 July 2014, provisions preventing the payment of EMDG grants to applicants engaging an EMDG consultant who is assessed to be a not fit and proper person will apply. The relevant Guideline and its Explanatory Statement can be accessed on the Australian Government’s ComLaw website.
The application form is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox (latest 2 versions - Firefox automatically updates). Also acceptable is Windows Internet Explorer 9+, Safari 5.0+.
Google Chrome is not supported by AUSkey, so is not recommended.
Microsoft release a new browser called 'Microsoft Edge' with Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is not supported for AUSkey and is the default browser for Windows 10 operating system. You are still able to use Internet Explorer (IE) 11 with Windows 10. To select IE11 go to start=> All applications=> Windows=> Internet Explorer. Read more about AUSkey browser compatibility.
Minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 600.
To prevent errors, please do not use your browser “Back” button to move between pages in the application form.
Austrade must receive your completed application form and required documents between 1 July 2016 and midnight 30 November 2016 Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) i.e. Canberra time, or midnight 28 February 2017 Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) if your application is lodged through an approved EMDG Consultant. Grants consultants usually charge on a success fee basis.
Your application is only received by Austrade when you click the green "SUBMIT" button at the end of the form.
MS EXCEL TEMPLATES - to be saved in .csv (comma-separated-value) format
Instructions on how to use these templates and how to save in .csv format for uploading into on-line application form:
Expenses and Earnings schedules will be available for the 2015-16 grant year in mid to late June 2016.
- Guide to Schedule 1A Overseas representation (PDF 221KB)
- Schedule 1A Overseas representation
- Guide to Schedule 1B Marketing consultants
- Schedule 1B Marketing consultants
- Guide to Schedule 2 Marketing Visits (PDF 226KB)
- Sample of Schedule 2 Marketing Visits (PDF 497KB)
- Schedule 2 Marketing Visits
- Guide to Schedule 4 Free samples (PDF 217KB)
- Schedule 4 Free samples
- Guide to Schedule 5 Trade fairs and promotional events (PDF 218KB)
- Schedule 5 Trade fairs and promotional events
- Guide to Schedule 6 Promotional Literature & Advertising (PDF 217KB)
- Schedule 6 Promotional Literature & Advertising
- Guide to Schedule 7 Overseas buyers (PDF 220KB)
- Schedule 7 Overseas buyers
- Guide to Schedule 8 Registration and / or insurance of eligible intellectual property (PDF 301KB)
- Schedule 8 Registration and / or insurance of eligible intellectual property
- Guide to Schedule 9A Export earnings - Goods (PDF 381KB)
- Schedule 9A Export earnings - Goods
- Guide to Schedule 9B Export earnings - Services / Intellectual property rights / Know-how (PDF 382KB)
- Schedule 9B Export earnings - Services / Intellectual property rights / Know-how
- Guide to Schedule 9C Export earnings - Tourism services (PDF 381KB)
- Schedule 9C Export earnings - Tourism services
- Guide to Schedule 9D Export earnings - Event promoters (PDF 380KB)
- Schedule 9D Export earnings - Event promoters
- Guide to Schedule 9E Export earnings - Related entities (PDF 297KB)
- Schedule 9E Export earnings - Related entities