How to apply for EMDG
Applications for the 2015-16 grant year open on 1 July 2016.
Steps to Applying for EMDG
- Make sure you have an AUSkey (see below for more information on AUSkey).
- Make sure your business is eligible to apply for EMDG
- Review the EMDG Eligibility checklist (PDF)
- Contact Austrade on 13 28 78 if necessary to clarify your eligibility.
- Complete the on-line application form and SUBMIT the application using the SUBMIT button.
You will be prompted to attach required documentation.
There will be a description of the documents you need to submit. The descriptions can also be found in the A Guide to Applying under the corresponding question number.
Austrade does not accept incomplete or late applications.
As you work through the application form, you may be asked to provide various documents, such as financials, invoices or bank statements. What documents you are asked for will depend on what you are claiming.
If you are promoting goods that are not made in Australia, you must submit:
- A statement containing the information requested in A Guide to Applying
If you have already received two grants and have selected the Option B EMDG performance measure, you must also submit:
- The information and documentation requested in A Guide to Applying
At Question 21 of A Guide to Applying a table is provided for you to provide a list of all company directors and partners in the partnership.
You may be requested to provide evidence of the expenditure you have claimed (e.g. invoices, shipping documents, bank statements and/or correspondence).
- Submit your completed application and schedules (and requested documents if applicable)
- You must complete and submit your on-line application, including the required documents referred to above between 1 July 2016 and midnight (AEDT) 30 November 2016, or use an approved EMDG Consultant who can lodge a claim on your behalf until midnight (Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) i.e. Canberra time) 28 February 2017.
AUSkey is a secure electronic key used by businesses to access government online services. This electronic key provides an online identification of you and your business. If your business has an Australian Business Number (ABN) you are eligible for an AUSkey.
Obtaining an AUSkey
To obtain an AUSkey, a representative of your business will need to visit the AUSkey website at www.abr.gov.au/auskey and using your business’s ABN and their individual personal Tax File Number, follow the prompts to register. Applications are usually processed within a day.
Setting up AUSkeys for other members of staff
Each person acting on behalf of your business, who is involved in completing an online application for an EMDG grant, will need their own individual AUSkey. There is no limit to the number of AUSkeys your business can hold, so each business can determine the number of AUSkeys best suited to their operations. Once a representative of your business has an AUSkey, they can administer the issue of further keys for other members of staff.
More information on AUSkey is at: www.auskey.abr.gov.au
Join the EMDG mailing list
If you would like to be added to the EMDG mailing list and be sent information and regular updates on the scheme join our mailing list. This will enable Austrade to send you updates and information on the scheme and how to apply for a grant.