Australians travelling to Iran can obtain a tourist visa on arrival which lasts for a maximum stay of 15 days. The visa can be applied for at the Passport and Visas Office at Iranian international airports. This visa is for tourist purposes only and is not entitled to:
- journalists or reporters on mission
- holders of diplomatic/service passports
- applicants who have been previously rejected for an Iranian visa.
The airport visa can only be gained by the following conditions:
- no permission to work or study during their stay
- applicant must have a confirmed return ticket and a valid passport (with at least six months validity) and a photo attached to the application form
- applicants must submit one of the following: address and contact number of the place in which you intend to stay, invitation letter or hotel booking confirmation for duration of stay.
For further information please contact your nearest Iran Embassy or Consulate prior to arrival.