Women in Global Business (WIGB) program
What is WIGB?
Women in Global Business (WIGB) is a national program that recognises women’s growing contribution to Australia’s economy through international trade.
The program is funded by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) to provide support to women-led businesses seeking success in exporting.
What are WIGB’s objectives?
The main objective of WIGB is to increase the participation of women in international trade and investment.
The program also aims to:
- bring together women involved in international trade and investment across Australia and its trading partners and to help them develop sustainable businesses
- encourage, support and advance the involvement of women in international business success
- raise the profile of Australian business women involved in international trade within the local and international business community
- connect Australian women to international networks to create business opportunities.
What activities does WIGB organise?
Businesses owned and operated by women are one of Australia’s fastest growing business segments. The WIGB program supports them to take their products and services to the world by acting as a central source of information and resources, support and connection.
- a mentoring program, which has supported more than 200 women in the last four years
- on-going skills and capability building workshops
- an annual speaker series
- an active social media presence
- international engagement, through initiatives such as the first WIGB international chapter – WIGB Indonesia - which was launched in Jakarta in March 2015.
WIGB is also undertaking a five-year longitudinal study with the University of Melbourne to improve the quality of information available about Australia’s women-led businesses and their participation in global trade and investment.
Details of program activities are available on the WIGB website.
What is Austrade’s role?
WIGB is a national program funded by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) and made possible through the collaboration of Australia’s state and territory governments. It is supported by leading Australian businesses.
The program was launched in December 2010 by the Parliamentary Secretary for Trade, the Hon. Justine Elliot.
Apply to join
Membership is free and women are invited to join.
For further information, contact WIGB through: