Women in Export
Austrade aims to increase awareness of its services to women doing business internationally by assisting them to access the information, resources, networks and advice needed to build a sustainable international business.
Austrade also works to raise the profile of Australian women doing business internationally through success stories.
Beryl Wilson Scholarship for Women in International Business
Austrade established the Beryl Wilson Scholarship for Women in International Business in 2013 in recognition of Mrs Beryl Wilson, the first woman to be appointed as a trade commissioner in 1963.
The scholarship is open to women in their final year of a coursework Master’s degree in international business or a related field, or a Master of Business Administration with an international business specialisation. Find out more about the Beryl Wilson Scholarship for Women.
CEW Austrade Women in Export Scholarship
Austrade in partnership with Chief Executive Women has introduced a Women in Export Scholarship designed to recognise the skills of Australian business women and their contribution to the Australian export community.
The winner, a senior business woman in an internationally-focussed role, will be awarded a scholarship to attend Harvard Business School’s Disruptive Innovation - Strategies for a Successful Enterprise course to be delivered in Boston, Massachusetts on 10-15 July 2017.
For more information and to apply please visit the CEW website or watch a short video. Applications will be accepted from 18 January until 19 March 2017.
Business and networking organisations
Meet other businesswomen and access information, resources and support through these business and networking organisations. State and territory governments also have programs dedicated to international business, including a range of initiatives to support women in business.
- International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry (IWFCI) - IWFCI was formed to meet the emerging needs of women in business and in recognition of their increasing contribution to the world of commerce, the community and to government.
- Chief Executive Women - A member-based organisation with a shared goal to facilitate greater representation of women at senior levels of business, government and not-for-profit sectors.
- Head over Heels - Membership-based organisation that supports high-potential women-owned businesses.
- WeConnect International - Corporate-led not-for-profit to empower women business owners in global markets.
- Springboard Australia - Springboard is the world’s leading personal and professional development program for women.
- Ernst & Young: Women with Ambition - A program designed as an informal and supportive breakfast forum to facilitate networking and the building of professional relationships, as well as provide an opportunity to share the experiences of high-performing women.
- Westpac’s Ruby Connection - Aims to support and provide networking opportunities for women in business through events, education and inspiration.
- Commonwealth Bank - Women in Focus - The Women in Focus community is a place to be inspired, informed and connected with women in Australia and around the world.