e-business case studies and resources
e-business guides, tools and further information
The DBCDE resource DigitalBusiness.gov.au contains information and resources relating to e-business for small businesses in Australia.
- .au Domain Administration Limited (auDA) - www.auda.org.au - A non-profit company providing information on the .au namespace (Internet names ending in .au).
- Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT) - www.ausit.org - Australia's peak professional association for translators and interpreters.
- Brint - www.brint.com - A portal for information on e-business, information, technology and knowledge management issues.
- Datamonitor - www.datamonitor.com - Produces reports on e-business and analyses consumer attitudes towards the Internet and e-commerce.
- econsumer.gov - www.econsumer.gov - Information about international consumer protection laws and activities, as well as providing a mechanism for cross border e-commerce complaints.
- eMarket Services - www.eMarketservices.com - An Internet portal on business-to-business e-commerce, includes a directory of business-to-business electronic marketplaces.
- Ernst & Young - www.ey.com - One of the world’s leading professional service organisations, assisting companies to identify business opportunities, and the impact of the Internet.
- Forrester Research - www.forrester.com - Forrester analyses the impact of technology change and its impact on consumers, businesses and society.
- ICANN Watch - www.icannwatch.org - Useful news site on issues pertaining to ICANN and .biz.
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) - www.icann.org
The organisation that sets the rules about the ways domain names are sold and authorises registrars to do business.
- interNIC - www.interNIC.net - Established to provide public information regarding Internet domain name registrations.
- Oanda Currency Converter - www.oanda.com/converter/classic - Multi-lingual foreign exchange converter for over 164 currencies.
- Systransoft - www.systransoft.com - Online translation tool for European language translations.
- Time and Date - www.timeanddate.com - Useful guide for time zones and calendars.
- Usability - www.usability.gov - A resource for designing usable, useful, accessible websites and user interfaces.
- Usable Information Technology - www.useit.com - Jakob Nielsen is a leading professional in the area of website usability and his website provides comprehensive resources and recommendations.
- World lingo - www.worldlingo.com - This web site assists companies to focus on website localisation, globalisation and translation.