|About event :
The Australian Government is leading the Australia – China 2.0 trade mission to China on 4-9 August 2011. The trade mission, led by the Hon Kevin Rudd MP and the Hon Dr Craig Emerson MP, will focus on China’s second-tier cities and will include visits to Guangzhou, Changsha, Wuhan, Chengdu and Chongqing. Dr Emerson will also lead a financial services program in Shanghai on the morning of 10 August in which mission delegates are welcome to participate.
The expansion of these cities will require raw materials – Australia’s traditional exports – but it will also require something more. As urbanisation and wealth spread to the very heart of China, demand for a more sophisticated range of services will also grow: services such as education, banking, financial management and logistics.
China is also focusing attention on the quality of the environment in its cities. This will bring real opportunities for Australia in fields such as architecture, design, green technology, urban planning, water and air quality and waste management.
What to expect from joining this mission
- Visit several of China’s larger second-tier cities, which are the gateways to regional markets, critical locations as China enters the next phase of its development.
- Learn from industry and government leaders about development trends and emerging opportunities in regional China.
- Receive practical guidance on how to successfully operate in China’s major emerging markets.
- The opportunity to engage with the Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Minister for Trade over the course of the five day program.
- Site visits at some locations and the opportunity to interact with Chinese counterparts during various events.