Asian Century Business Engagement plan
The Asian Century Business Engagement (ACBE) plan will run from 1 July 2013.
It has been established to assist member-based business organisations harness commercial opportunities in Asia for small to medium sized Australian businesses.
Under the plan, eligible applicants can be offered between $20,000 and $300,000 in grants. The grants are merit-based and competitive.
Applications are now closed
ACBE Plan grant applications closed at 5pm EST on Friday 26 April, 2013.
Please note, successful applicants will be required to complete a funding agreement. A template of the funding agreement can be viewed now. Successful applicants will be notified in due course once all applications have been assessed.
Frequently Asked Questions
View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Asian Century Business Engagement plan
Objective and goals of the Plan
The objective of the ACBE Plan is to facilitate new initiatives to improve Australian business links into Asia through Australian business organisations based in Australia or in Asia.
The key goals of the ACBE Plan will be to leverage and / or expand the capability of member-based business groups to:
- assist Australian firms to more effectively access in-market business networks and develop new relationships with potential business contacts and partners in Asian countries
- identify and secure more opportunities for Australian firms to compete and succeed in regional value chains
- enhance and strengthen business links between Australia and Asia by reinforcing the profile of Australian business capability within the region to increase awareness and understanding of Australia in Asia, and of Asia in Australia.
ACBE Plan grants are intended to provide partial funding to member-based business organisations to deliver new projects or programs aimed at achieving the objective and goals of the ACBE Plan. This includes projects or programs that demonstrate the potential for the development of long-term links between institutions in Australia and their counterparts in Asia.
The Asian Century Business Engagement (ACBE) Plan Grant Guidelines (the Guidelines) are designed to provide potential applicants with the information they need in order to make an informed decision as to whether they should apply for a grant under the ACBE Plan. The Guidelines also outline the information that potential applicants will need to include in an application.
These guidelines are divided into five sections:
- Section 1 provides an overview of the Plan
- Section 2 provides details on eligibility, merit criteria and the selection process
- Section 3 provides eligible expenditure guidance
- Section 4 outlines other requirements relating to grants
- Section 5 provides information on submitting grant applications
ACBE information sessions presentation
Asian Century Business Engagement Plan (ACBE) - Time to do Business - Presentation delivered as part of the ACBE information sessions by Sally Deane, Manager East Asian Growth Markets, International Issues Branch, Austrade Canberra (PDF, 442KB)
This program is part of the Australian Government's Australia in the Asian Century White Paper. For more information on this, go to the Australia in the Asian Century website.
For enquires specifically relating to the Asian Century Business Engagement Plan, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 136 014.
Download the ACBE brochure
Subscribe to Export Update
The latest in export news and events, success stories, plus information to help Australian exporters do business around the world.