Ease of doing business
Doing business in Australia is easier than in most other countries. With one of the most transparent and well-regulated business environments in the world, Australia’s political stability and regulatory framework provides investors with confidence and security.
For six years in a row, Australia has been ranked third on the Index of Economic Freedom. It is ranked 11th for ease of doing business and fifth when compared to economies with a large population.
Australia’s financial system is world-leading, ranked fifth out of 62 countries.
The financial services sector has:
- assets of almost A$6.2 trillion, nearly four times Australia’s nominal GDP
- the world’s third largest pool of funds under management and the largest in the Asian region
- the world’s fourth largest superannuation system
- strong financial market turnover
- the largest liquid stock market in the Asian region, outside Japan.
Charts from the Benchmark Report
The Australia Benchmark Report provides rich data demonstrating why there is no better place than Australia to do business. The report examines five key reasons for investing in Australia – Growth, Innovation, Talent, Location and Business – and compares Australia's credentials with other countries.
Charts can be downloaded and saved as images for use in reports and presentations (please reference www.austrade.gov.au).