Ease of doing business
Doing business in Australia is easier than in most other countries. With one of the most transparent and well-regulated business environments in the world, Australia’s political stability and regulatory framework provides investors with confidence and security.
For six years in a row, Australia has been ranked third on the Index of Economic Freedom. It is ranked 11th for ease of doing business and fifth when compared to economies with a large population.
Australia’s financial system is world-leading, ranked fifth out of 62 countries.
The financial services sector has:
- assets of almost A$6.2 trillion, nearly four times Australia’s nominal GDP
- the world’s third largest pool of funds under management and the largest in the Asian region
- the world’s fourth largest superannuation system
- strong financial market turnover
- the largest liquid stock market in the Asian region, outside Japan.