23 years of uninterrupted annual growth
Australia’s economic resilience and potential provide a safe, low-risk environment in which to do business.
The Australian economy is:
- the world’s 12th largest
- in its 23rd year of uninterrupted annual growth
- rated triple ‘A’ by all three global rating agencies
- forecast to have average annual real GDP growth of 2.8 per cent between 2013 to 2019
- increasingly tied to fast-growing economies in Asia
- supported by high productivity levels, with 16 out of 20 industries rating above the global average
- diversified and services-based
- an important contributor to five sectors expected to drive future global growth: agribusiness, education, tourism, mining and wealth management.