23 years of uninterrupted annual growth
Australia’s economic resilience and potential provide a safe, low-risk environment in which to do business.
The Australian economy is:
- the world’s 12th largest
- in its 23rd year of uninterrupted annual growth
- rated triple ‘A’ by all three global rating agencies
- forecast to have average annual real GDP growth of 2.8 per cent between 2013 to 2019
- increasingly tied to fast-growing economies in Asia
- supported by high productivity levels, with 16 out of 20 industries rating above the global average
- diversified and services-based
- an important contributor to five sectors expected to drive future global growth: agribusiness, education, tourism, mining and wealth management.
Charts from the Benchmark Report
The Australia Benchmark Report provides rich data demonstrating why there is no better place than Australia to do business. The report examines five key reasons for investing in Australia – Growth, Innovation, Talent, Location and Business – and compares Australia’s credentials with other countries.
Charts can be downloaded and saved as images for use in reports and presentations (please reference www.austrade.gov.au).