Findings from the MIP Survey 2017
05 Mar 2018
Results of the recent MIP user survey indicate the highest satisfaction
rates to date and provide constructive feedback for improvement. Deployed
late last year, the survey sought quantitative and qualitative feedback on
the value of MIP content and functionality.
Since 2011, Austrade has been conducting a survey of MIP subscribers every
three years. In 2017, a total of 482 respondents completed the survey.
Thank you to everyone who participated. It is an important measure for
Austrade on which to base future MIP developments and strategies.
Since the last survey in 2014 we have made many improvements based on user
feedback, including the development of MIP Orbis Interactive Data;
improving the registration process; web usability enhancements; and a
review of the eligibility criteria.
Overview of results by MIP subscribers
|Subscription process – positive rating
|Specific action taken by subscribers to follow up on information in the MIP
|Relevance of the market opportunities / information provided – positive rating
Specific recommendations from the MIP Survey 2017 that we plan to implement
- Further streamlining of the subscription process
- Better processes for submitting and managing opportunity EOIs
- More guidance on how to use MIP Orbis
- Content suggestions: introduce podcasts and cultural etiquette/doing
- Maintain the weekly newsletter but implement web usability enhancements.
Other Austrade initiatives currently underway that address recommendations
by MIP subscribers for more actionable data, market insights, practical
guidance and tools include:
- a report and toolkit that provides actionable information on the use of
consortia, partnerships and collaboration to service global-scale demand
for borderless and offshore education
- a ‘Where to Compete’ tool that allows users to search across markets for
Austrade’s view of broad-based opportunity relevant to their business, and
to consider the relativity of markets where opportunities exist
- a digital platform that provides strategic marketing messages ( Why Australia? for Education), supporting research, proof points
and other collateral for use by international education marketing
For further information contact Sonal Srivastava, Adviser Client Group,