Partners sought for "Film, Fly, Experience Australia" 2018 South Asia schools video competition
05 Nov 2018
Austrade is is seeking partner institutions for the next “Film, Fly, Experience Australia” Schools video competition to directly engage schools across South Asia. This will provide a platform to profile the quality and diversity of Australia’s higher education offerings. The countries involved will be India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
The competition will be launched in December 2018 and Expressions of Interest are requested by COB Thursday 22 November 2018 as there limited places available.
School students will demonstrate their English and analytical skills and develop a short video on a topic nominated by the partner institution. Winners of each partner-nominated topic will visit Australia and be hosted by the nominating Australian institution. Flights, visas and travel insurance will be funded by the competition.
Ideally, five nominated topics will be open for applications from Indian schools; with one to two topics for each market in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Branding for promotional materials for all participating institutions will provided.
Participating higher education institutions will be required to:
- Contribute a fee of AU$5,500 per market and nominate course topics, to highlight a ‘future career’ and then provide a seven-minute video lecture on the topic for students
- Judge Austrade-shortlisted entries to select a final winning team
- Cover all on-ground costs in Australia for one teacher and two students for a week long program
- Agree to host students on campus during May 2019, responsive to competition timelines.
The benefits of involvement include:
- Direct engagement to improve your brand positioning and perception to more than 1,300 schools across India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh, targeting principals, counsellors, and students.
- Promoting short courses and future career pathways; reaching prospective students across South Asia; and driving traffic to your organisation’s website to capture leads.
- Participating in effective and popular digital marketing engagement led by the Australian Government, with opportunities to leverage your own associated marketing activities during the competition, and if successful during the campus visit.
- Using parallel promotional campaigns through local in-country representatives, helping build brand visibility.
- Building brand awareness of your university through campaign activity in tier II cities in India.
To register your interest as a partner institution please contact Priyanka Vaidyanath, Business Development Manager, Austrade Chennai and provide details of the course you wish to promote and priority market by COB AEST Thursday 22 November 2018.
Austrade has been running this competition for the past four years by engaging grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 students of international schools. Universities who would like to increase their brand awareness and are considering undergraduate recruitment should consider participating in the competition. Organisations are encouraged to participate by nominating interesting topics, facilitating students to make a three-minute video entry response.
“Film, Fly, Experience Australia” schools video competition 2017-18 saw university partners RMIT University; Macquarie University; Southern Cross University; University of South Australia and the University of Queensland engage schools across South Asia.
In early 2018, Austrade developed a new look and feel for the competition website, which was the single point of contact for students for more information on the competition. The site included comprehensive information about the competition, rules and regulations, organiser contacts, previous winners, partnering universities and other sponsors, video tutorials on how to make a winning video, thematic video tutorials for each theme provided by partnering Australian universities, information on online registration and submission of video links through the competition website. The last round had more than 50,000 + visitors to the website.
The following promotional campaigns will be initiated to launch this video competition:
- Digital launch of events at major cities across the schools network
- Competition launch in India at an exclusive event in New Delhi
- Invitations to approximately 2,000+ schools across India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
- Events to be organised in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to announce the winners of the competition, including media campaigns, publicity in major newspapers and social media
- Media releases sent on the announcement of the competition to major English newspapers, Newswire agencies, online education portals, education-related magazines across India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Specific Facebook campaigns to support the promotion of the “Film, Fly, Experience Australia” competition, across cities in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
- In addition, the competition will be promoted through Austrade’s social media channels including education-specific social media channels, as well as through the partnering universities’ and organisations’ social media channels.