Free Trade Agreement Training Provider Grant
The Free Trade Agreement Training Provider (FTA-TP) Grant was established to assist eligible organisations deliver tailored technical training projects aimed at helping Australian small and medium-sized enterprises and stakeholders understand how to use and access FTAs with Korea, Japan, and China. Eligible organisations are as follows:
- member-based business organisations located in Australia such as chambers of commerce and industry, bilateral business councils and chambers or peak industry/business associations
- Australian education institutions (Universities and their associated Institutes and TAFE Colleges).
The program is competitive and merit based.
Objective and goals of the Grant
The objective of the FTA-TP grant is to raise the awareness of Australian SMEs regarding the potential benefits of FTAs with Korea, Japan and China. The grants are designed to deliver information that clearly educates SMEs on how to use and access FTAs effectively. Eligible Australian business organisations, based in Australia, will be supported to deliver projects with a direct FTA training and market visit focus aimed at building knowledge and understanding of FTAs and providing the tools required to access FTAs.
The key goals of the FTA-TP grant will be to leverage the capability of Australian business organisations to:
- increase awareness of FTAs in Korea, Japan and China
- increase understanding of how to use, access and benefit from FTAs in the target markets
- share accurate information and knowledge to foster greater engagement by Australian SMEs in target FTA markets
- encourage activities which assist in the development of business partnerships in the target FTA markets.
Building greater awareness of FTA benefits, particularly in the SME sector, encouraging engagement, increasing access and utilising opportunities is expected to have a positive impact on the broader economy and particularly on regional Australia. Where relevant, the knowledge gained from delivery of initiatives in this program will be shared by Austrade with Australian business and stakeholders to ensure maximum awareness and utilisation of FTA benefits.
FTA-TP grants are intended to provide partial funding to eligible Australian business organisations with projects and business activities aimed at achieving the objective and goals of the FTA-TP Grant.
All funding from the 2015-16 and 2016-17 grant rounds has been allocated. A schedule of further Grant rounds is not available at this time.
The Guidelines provide applicants with key program details and inform decision makers regarding their organisation's suitability in relation to eligibility. The Guidelines also outline the information organisations need to include in an application.
These Guidelines are divided into five sections
- Section 1 provides an overview of the FTA-TP Grant
- Section 2 provides details on eligibility, merit criteria and the selection process
- Section 3 provides guidance on what constitutes eligible expenditure
- Section 4 outlines other requirements relating to grants
- Section 5 provides information on submitting grant applications
Details of grants awarded under the FTA-TP Grant program are provided below:
FTA Training Sessions
A list of FTA technical training sessions to be held by grant recipients, including registration details, locations and timing can be found at FTA Seminars.
If further information pertaining to these training sessions is required organisations should contact the relevant grant recipient directly.
Further information on the FTA-TP Grant
For enquiries specifically relating to the FTA-TP Grant, please email FTA-TP@austrade.gov.au or telephone 1300 136 014.