Austrade Services – Assisting Australian business in international markets
Austrade provides a range of services and assistance to Australian exporters and education providers covering:
Actionable information and advice on exporting and international business
Austrade’s network of advisers in Australia and overseas offer practical advice to exporters and education providers on how to do business in international markets. We are in the process of getting that information online so it’s at your fingertips 24/7.
The Find Export Markets and Export Market Profiles tools are a good place to start. Both products are new and will continue to grow as we add data about more markets and sectors and incorporate feedback from our clients.
These products help you with:
- Insights on what to expect in international markets
- Cultural tips on doing business overseas
Information about local commercial practices and requirements
- Local industry insights and contexts
- Referrals to specialist legal, tax or business advisory firms, both in Australia and overseas
- International market entry and strategy advice
- General marketing and promotional advice
- Assistance and advice for setting up a business in an international market
- Advice on upcoming overseas promotions
You also have the option to call our Contact Centre for assistance to guide you through the process of selecting suitable export markets for your product or service, advise you on upcoming overseas promotions for Australian organisations such as trade missions, and alert you to the potential financial assistance and government grants available for Australian exporters.
International trade and education opportunity alerts
Austrade’s international network is dedicated to identifying new commercial leads for Australian businesses. We do this by engaging with business networks overseas and promoting Australian suppliers for their business or education needs.
Once international leads or ‘opportunities’ are identified, specific requirements are gathered and, using Austrade’s database and our Australian industry and government networks, relevant Australian suppliers are invited to submit an expression of interest to Austrade.
Organisations that match the required specifications are then submitted to the foreign customer and if interest is shown, a formal introduction is made by Austrade. As needed, assistance and advice are provided to shortlisted Australian businesses to help win the business.
We also help foreign buyers visiting Australia meet with potential suppliers by setting up appointments and showcasing opportunities for exporters in Australia.
Australian organisations must agree with the trade opportunities terms and conditions before responding to individual opportunities.
To receive export opportunities in the education sector, please register for the Market Information Package.
Services including market-entry and expansion assistance
Austrade can offer services to Australian organisations seeking to export or expand into high growth and emerging markets. In addition, Austrade can refer you to other organisations that can help you develop your market plans.
Austrade works with high growth/high potential companies to access services in-market.
Referrals to specialist service providers
In the US, Canada, Western Europe (including the UK), Austrade’s activities are mainly focused on attracting foreign direct investment and promoting Australia’s education services. For Australian exporters to these markets, Austrade can provide access to a range of specialists to assist with market entry and expansion including:
- market research
- channel marketing consultants
- lead generation agencies
- legal, accounting, tax and immigration advisory services
- banking and financial service providers
- commercial real estate agencies
- relevant industry network specialists
Accessing Austrade services
Before contacting Austrade for help, there are a few things that you can do:
- Consider if your business is ready for export and be sure that you understand exactly what exporting involves before you start. Visit getting ready for export if you need help and complete the International Readiness Indicator to make sure you are prepared.
- Build your export strategy. Consider what countries hold the best prospects and opportunities for your business and do some research to understand the key fundamentals of each market. Identify events overseas that you can leverage to promote your products or services or visit to learn more about a market’s requirements.
- Work through the Find Export Markets and Export Market Profiles tools
- Contact us by telephone on 13 28 78 or submit an export enquiry and one of our advisers can discuss how Austrade can help you with your plans.
Eligibility for Austrade services
To receive assistance from Austrade, your organisation is required to be:
- A registered Australian business with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Seeking to export products or services, including education services, from Australia to foreign markets, or seeking to establish an overseas presence to promote your Australian capabilities
- Conducting activities overseas that bring an economic benefit to the Australian economy or enhance the reputation of Australia and/or Australian industry
- Committed to obeying the laws of Australia and foreign nations, including compliance with anti-bribery legislation.