To succeed in Korea’s e-commerce market, becoming an online seller in Korea won’t be good enough. To access Korea’s e-commerce market, effective digital marketing is indispensable. Like other markets, digital marketing in Korea is performed on social platforms as well as search engines. However, besides universal platforms such as Google, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram, Korea also have its own local platforms with the same functions: Naver (search engine) and KakaoTalk (messaging app). Naver and KakaoTalk are the 1st-ranked search engine and messaging app in Korea which are crucial both in work and daily life.
Austrade is working with a number of partners to share market insights on how to use effective digital marketing efforts to penetrate the e-commerce market in Korea. In this session, we invited Charles Moon from SDF Australia and Daniel from Anvy Abroad as our guest speakers. Together they will share with us:
- The unique ecosystem of Korea’s online business and the powerful marketing tools
- The importance of marketing in local language to capture consumer’s attention in Korea
- How to best plan your online digital marketing strategy for Korea
- Practical tips to utilise Naver Blog and Search Engine marketing, KakaoTalk marketing, Instagram influencers, Power Bloggers in Naver and Youtube
- What are some practical tips to get your online business ready for the Korean market
As part of ‘Team Australia’, Austrade is working closely with the network of government departments and industry agencies to help Australian businesses overcome complex and fast-evolving COVID-19–related challenges.