Join this webinar to learn about the mining industry in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Turkey from Austrade offices as well as industry and government representative speakers from these markets. Recent changes in
the mining code and insights on opportunities will be shared.
Saudi Arabia possesses more mineral resources than any other country in the Gulf region and under the Saudi Vision 2030, announced in 2016, has set ambitious plans to triple the contribution to the Saudi economy made by mining and minerals.
Turkey’s large and diverse mineral resource base provides a variety of project stages and focus for Australian METS companies and investors to work with the market. The recently announced changes in the Mining Law, particularly for exploration companies are also likely to have a significant impact on the mining industry.
- Learn about the rapid growth and recent changes in the mining code in Saudi Arabia and Turkey
- Gain insight into the opportunities and what stakeholders/local customers are currently seeking
- Connect with decision makers
- Understand the realities of exporting to Saudi Arabia and Turkeyand connect with experts and customers in the market
- Receive an overview of key events, including the Saudi Mining & Minerals Exhibition 2019, the Mine Safety Conference, Istanbul, December 2018 and the International Mining Congress, Antalya, April 2019
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Mr Ross Bray, Senior Trade Commissioner, Austrade Riyadh
- Saleh Al Agili, Advisor at the Saudi Ministry of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources
- Ahmed M. Halabi, Head of Mining Investment Service Unit at Deputy Ministry of Mineral Resources
- Mohamed Omar Tayeb, Head of Statistics Department at the Deputy Ministry of Mineral Resources
- Tibet Kara, Business Development Manager, Austrade Istanbul
- Prof. Dr Hakan Benzer, Head Turkey Australia Centre of Excellence in Mining
- Metin Aktan, Strategy Director- Turkish Coal Enterprises (TKI)