Austrade invites you to join the Australian delegation to Manila from 26-29 March 2019 for the ninth annual Asian Development Bank Business Opportunities Fair (ADB-BOF) at the ADB’s Headquarters and a program of targeted briefings, one on one meetings and networking events including other multilateral, bilateral and non-government organisations and Philippines government agencies. The ADB-BOF is an educational and networking forum that brings together ADB lead officers with over 600 international and local consultants, contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
This mission provides you with the opportunity to:
- Gain first-hand information and insights about opportunities funded by the Asian Development Bank, which has an increasing focus on quality and cost vs solely cost-based procurement; private sector partnership, knowledge transfer and technology adoption
- Meet with ADB officers relevant to your sectors of interest to discuss your capabilities and specific questions, and start to develop your relationships within the ADB
- Participate in one or more sector-specific roundtables with ADB specialists for more in-depth understanding and insights (tbc)
- Obtain insights and information about international development and aid opportunities funded by other multilateral, bilateral and non-government organisations including the World Bank, IFC, UN and DFAT
- Learn about the Philippines Government’s priorities and opportunities in sectors of relevance to mission delegates
- Network and discuss partnering opportunities with hundreds of international consultants, contractors and other businesses and with other Australian organisations with deep experience working globally in international development and aid projects.
International aid-funded projects continue to present significant opportunities for Australian organisations thanks to our geographic proximity, proven track record, knowledge and understanding of regional needs, and expertise in relevant sectors. These projects not only provide an alternate channel to developing markets with the preferred governance and transparency but they can also act as a multiplier effect opening avenues to secure other development projects funded by the UN, bilateral aid agencies and non-government organisations (NGOs). Opportunities exist across the project lifecycle.
In 2017, Australia ranked #1 in Technical Assistance (TA) contracts awarded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB). From 1 January 2016 to 31 May 2018, 46 Australian companies were awarded 102 ADB TA contracts valued at A$148 million, mainly for the Pacific, South Asia and ASEAN region.