Australia is a trusted, reliable supplier of high-quality natural resources, food, education, tourism and financial services to the world.
Asia continues to rely on Australia’s mineral and energy resources to power its industrialisation, while its agricultural commodities and premium food are meeting the region’s demand for clean, green and safe products.
Australia’s services-based economy is well equipped to provide wealth management, healthcare, education, tourism and professional services to Asia’s growing middle classes.
Australian firms are also applying their niche capabilities in disruptive technologies to established industries, winning acclaim for their innovative mining, agricultural, financial and educational solutions.
- the world’s largest producer of iron ore, gold and uranium and will soon be the world’s largest LNG exporter
- a global top 10 producer of major agricultural commodities
- a sophisticated financial market, with the world’s sixth largest pool of managed fund assets
- the world’s third most popular destination for students studying overseas
- the 10th largest international tourism market.