Australia has achieved significant global success in the energy and resources, agribusiness, education, tourism and financial services industries.
The country is also developing and commercialising new disruptive technologies in a range of sectors, including agriculture, education, financial services and healthcare.
Australia is renowned for its resources sector, upon which Asia continues to rely to help fuel its industrialisation. Australian agricultural commodities and premium food are in high demand worldwide, as are its tourism, education, wealth management, healthcare and professional services.
- the world’s largest producer of gold, iron ore and uranium
- a major global producer of agricultural commodities
- a leader in investment management, with the sixth largest pool of funds under management in the world
- the world’s third most popular destination for students
- the seventh largest international tourism market.