A career in Austrade
Using your skills to contribute to the success of Australia
Austrade offers exciting careers both in Australia and overseas. Here are some key reasons why you might choose to work for Austrade:
- Interesting work supporting Australia's trade and investment development
- Networking with people from all over the world
- Opportunities for overseas travel and postings
- Career opportunities within Austrade and the broader Australian Public Service
View current opportunities
If you are interested in overseas opportunities with Austrade, you should be aware that Austrade’s selection criteria for Trade Commissioners include:
- Understanding of both the government context for Austrade’s work and the needs of the businesses that we serve and advise
- Sound understanding of international markets and business trends relevant to the market in which the role is located
- Experience working in international markets, preferably including experience as a manager
- Demonstrated capability to effectively represent Austrade in a range of high level corporate and government settings in Australia and offshore
- Relevant language skills
Full selection criteria are set out in the documentation provided for each vacancy when advertised.
As noted above, language skills including (but not limited to) Austrade priority languages are desirable or highly desirable for all Austrade positions:
- Bahasa Indonesian
Other specialist languages
- Bahasa Malay
The Job Alert function enables you to set up an account, and enter keywords that match your skills, experience and area of interest. When a vacancy is advertised that matches your keywords, an email will be sent to your nominated account regarding the potential opportunity.
Set up a job alert Job Alert
If you experience any difficulties using the system, please contact Austrade Recruitment or +61 2 9392 2222.