MIP Orbis Tip — Exporting charts from the sandbox
03 Jul 2018
MIP Orbis dashboards provide access to international education data through interactive visualisations. This article provides tips on how to export charts from the sandbox.
Example – State and territory share of total enrolments
You want to create a chart to look at the composition of enrolments by state and territory, then export it for use in Word or PowerPoint. To export a chart in the sandbox, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the MIP Orbis page to open the student data dashboard
- The ‘Enrolments by state’ chart on the dashboard will display total enrolments by state and territory
- Click explore at the bottom of the map chart to go to the sandbox
- Select 2017 on the year slider bar
- If you want to add data labels to the chart, click ‘Chart options’ and select ‘yes’ from show data labels, then click he ‘update chart options’ button
- The enrolment numbers will now appear on the bubbles for each state
- To save the chart to use again in the future, click save chart and it will be saved to your account. To retrieve saved charts, click view your charts
- To export the chart click download, then select either PNG, SVG or PDF from the drop down menu and save the file
Based on feedback from the 2017 MIP Survey, Austrade will provide regular tips to MIP subscribers on how to better use MIP Orbis. You can find more information on how to use MIP student data in our new user guide.
For further information contact the MIP team