Study Australia Masterclasses - EOIs open for academic speakers
16 Mar 2021
Austrade is currently developing a series of ‘Study Australia Masterclasses’ to build awareness of Australia’s high quality education offering. This project will showcase the teaching and expertise of highly engaging Australian academics who are global leaders in their fields. The first series is aimed at the South Asian student market, with a clear focus on STEM and Health fields.
Pre-recorded sessions will be launched via a series of live ‘Study Australia Masterclass’ virtual events. At these events, the academic speaker will deliver a live introduction and conclusion to their masterclass, and will be available to answer questions from the audience during the streaming of the class.
The masterclasses will be provided free-of-charge for participants and are expected to launch in early June 2021, running ‘live’ during the early evening AEST.
The first masterclass events will be aimed at audiences in South Asia, with an expectation of future extension to other markets.
Format and filming
- 60-minute sessions (including introduction and conclusion)
- filming expected to occur in April 2021
- cut-down versions of the masterclasses will be used to promote the live events
- following the live events, masterclasses will be published permanently at the Study Australia website.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are sought from Australian education providers to nominate an academic and topic for masterclasses. EOIs should be sent to Vik Singh — Program Manager, India Digital Education Hub by 31 March 2021 and must include the following:
- Masterclass topic and title, providing a brief description (up to 100 words) of the subject matter and class content.
- Name, title, contact details and bio of the academic who will be delivering the masterclass. The bio should outline their credentials and global standing in their field of expertise.
- Preferred availability of academic for filming.*
*If a pre-existing, high-quality recording of the masterclass you are proposing already exists, please send a link. Please note you will need to agree to the recording being edited and branded as part of the project and any supporting promotional campaigns.
Note: Academics should be available and willing to participate in media interviews as part of the promotion of the masterclass series. They should also be willing to have footage of their masterclass used as part of the advertising campaign.
Austrade will shortlist and select masterclasses based on alignment with strategic project aims.
Austrade will not charge a service fee for these masterclasses. This campaign is part of a series of sector recovery intiatives being run to build the pipeline of future students studying in and with Australia.