2019 Full year international student data available
18 Feb 2020
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has released December
2019 international student data. Compared to 2018 full year data, key
- Total enrolments increased by 9.7 per cent, while commencements increased
by 7.6 per cent
- VET had the strongest growth in commencements (16.8 per cent), followed
by higher education (7.9 per cent). ELICOS grew by 1 per cent
- Declines in commencements were experienced by the schools and non-award
sectors (down 8.4 per cent and 3.5 percent respectively), with enrolments
also falling in these sectors
- Of the top 25 markets by enrolments, the three fastest growing were the
Philippines (67.2 per cent), India (34 per cent) and Nepal (33.5 per cent).
- China, India and Nepal accounted for half (49.6 per cent) of all
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary is also available.
Data enquiries can be directed to IEdata@austrade.gov.au