YTD July enrolment data now available
29 Oct 2019
The Department of Education has released August 2019 international student data.
Key results include:
- Total enrolments increased by 11.3 per cent, while commencements increased by 10.5 per cent
- VET had the strongest growth in commencements (19.8 per cent), followed by higher education (13.8 per cent) and ELICOS (0.4 per cent)
- Declines in commencements were experienced by schools (4.3 per cent) and non-award (4.5 percent), with enrolments also slightly falling in these sectors
- Of the top 25 markets by enrolments, the three fastest growing were the Philippines (62.5 per cent), Nepal (47 per cent) and India (39 per cent)
- China, India and Nepal accounted for 51.3 per cent of all enrolments
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary.
Data enquiries can be directed to IEdata@austrade.gov.au