YTD March 2020 international student data available
25 May 2020
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has released year to date (YTD) March 2020 international student data. Compared to YTD March 2019, key results include:
- Total enrolments increased by 6.2 per cent, while commencements decreased by 0.8 per cent
- VET had the strongest growth in enrolments (20.4 per cent), followed by higher education (3.5 per cent)
- Nineteen of the top 25 markets by enrolments experienced increases.
- China, India and Nepal accounted for half (51.9 per cent) of all enrolments.
NOTE: The March 2020 data should be interpreted with caution:
- Scheduled course commencement dates in higher education and VET may have been delayed due to COVID-19 lock down arrangements.
- Under the current unprecedented conditions an enrolment does not confirm if a student was in Australia at the time of reporting.
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary is also available.
Data enquiries can be directed to mailto:IEdata@austrade.gov.au.