YTD November international student data now available
04 Feb 2020
The Department of Education has released YTD November 2019 international
student data. Since the same period last year:
- Total enrolments increased by 9.7 per cent, while commencements increased
by 7.6 per cent
- VET had the strongest growth in commencements (17 per cent), followed by
higher education (8 per cent) and ELICOS (0.6 per cent)
- Declines in commencements were experienced by schools (down 8.5 per cent)
and non-award (down 4.1 per cent), with enrolments also falling in these
- Of the top 25 markets by enrolments, the three fastest growing were the
Philippines (67.8 per cent), India (34 per cent) and Nepal (33.4 per cent).
- China, India and Nepal accounted for 49.8 per cent of all enrolments
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary is also available.
Data enquiries can be directed to IEdata@austrade.gov.au