YTD October 2020 international student data available
15 Dec 2020
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has released year to date (YTD) October 2020 international student data. Compared to YTD October 2019, key results include:
- Total enrolments decreased by 6.1 per cent, while commencements decreased by 20.7 per cent
- VET was the only sector that experienced growth in enrolments (up 10.2 per cent) and commencements (up 0.5 per cent)
- Seven of the top 25 markets by enrolments experienced increases
- The three fastest growing were Philippines (20.5 per cent), Colombia (7.4 per cent) and Pakistan (6.6 per cent)
- China, India and Nepal accounted for half (51 per cent) of all enrolments
The October 2020 data should be interpreted with caution. Under the current unprecedented conditions an enrolment does not confirm if a student was in Australia at the time of reporting.
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary is also available.
Data enquiries can be directed to IEdata@austrade.gov.au