YTD October international student data now available
17 Dec 2019
The Department of Education has released YTD October 2019 international student data. Key results include:
- Total enrolments increased by 9.8 per cent, while commencements increased by 7.8 per cent
- VET had the strongest growth in commencements (16.6 per cent), followed by higher education (8.7 per cent) and ELICOS (0.9 per cent)
- Declines in commencements were experienced by schools (down 8.5 per cent) and non-award (down 3.9 percent), with enrolments also falling in these sectors
- Of the top 25 markets by enrolments, the three fastest growing were the Philippines (69.5 per cent), India (35.2 per cent) and Nepal (35 per cent).
- China, India and Nepal accounted for 49.8 per cent of all enrolments
MIP subscribers can view the latest data on the Student data dashboard, and a public monthly summary is also available.
Data enquiries can be directed to IEdata@austrade.gov.au