What you can claim
To qualify for a grant under the EMDG scheme, your business must have promoted your product for export and your product must be one of the following:
- a good made in Australia
- a good made outside Australia where Australia will derive a significant net benefit from its sale overseas. (See the EMDG guide to exports (PDF) )
- all services except those specified as ineligible in the EMDG Regulations
- a tourism service (including accommodation, passenger transport or tours)
- a conference or event held in Australia
- an intellectual property right that mainly resulted from work done in Australia (see IP registration and insurance (PDF) for more information)
- a trademark that was owned, assigned or first used in Australia
- know-how that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
Claimable activity categories
You may claim for expenses for your specific export promotional activities during the grant year. For your first grant you may claim your expenses for the past 2 financial years.
EMDG supports 8 categories of promotional activities. See details of these claimable expenses in EMDG in brief (PDF).