Who can apply?
Review your eligibility under the EMDG scheme before you apply for reimbursement for your export business's 20-21 financial year expenses.
You can apply if you are an:
- Australian individual
- statutory corporation
and have done export promotional activities during the year for which you seek an export grant.
Your business must have:
- income of not more than $50 million in the grant year
- incurred at least $15,000 of eligible expenses under the scheme. (First-time applicants can combine 2 years expenses)
- principal status for the export business. (Some exceptions apply, such as non-profit export-focused industry bodies).
The business also must have promoted one of the following:
- the export of goods or most services
- inbound tourism
- the export of intellectual property and know-how
- conferences and events held in Australia.
Certain organisations and groups can get approval to enable them to apply for a grant. The 2 categories of approved status available are:
- Approved body (PDF) – an export-focused peak industry association promoting on behalf of its industry
- Joint venture (PDF) – a group of small to medium Australian businesses cooperating in a joint venture-style marketing arrangement.
First-time applicants must meet grant-entry requirements. You need to provide:
- financial statements
- some information that explains your business and your product or service.
Use the EMDG eligibility checklist (PDF) to help you assess whether your business might be eligible to apply under the EMDG scheme.
View the Eligibility for EMDG video
View all EMDG coaching videos