Who can apply?
Review your eligibility under the EMDG scheme before you apply for reimbursement for your export business's 20-21 financial year expenses.
You can apply if you are an:
- Australian individual
- statutory corporation
and have done export promotional activities during the year for which you seek an export grant.
Your business must have:
- income of not more than $50 million in the grant year
- incurred at least $15,000 of eligible expenses under the scheme. (First-time applicants can combine 2 years expenses)
- principal status for the export business. (Some exceptions apply, such as non-profit export-focused industry bodies).
The business also must have promoted one of the following:
- the export of goods or most services
- inbound tourism
- the export of intellectual property and know-how
- conferences and events held in Australia.
Certain organisations and groups can get approval to enable them to apply for a grant. The 2 categories of approved status available are:
- Approved body (PDF) – an export-focused peak industry association promoting on behalf of its industry
- Joint venture (PDF) – a group of small to medium Australian businesses cooperating in a joint venture-style marketing arrangement.
First-time applicants must meet grant-entry requirements. You need to provide:
- financial statements
- some information that explains your business and your product or service.
Use the EMDG eligibility checklist (PDF 271KB | DOCX 35KB) to help you assess whether your business might be eligible to apply under the EMDG scheme.
View the Eligibility for EMDG video
View all EMDG coaching videos