Findings of the review of financial assistance to SME exporters
The Review findings were:
- Providing financial assistance to SME exporters has a strongly positive impact on their performance.
- The principles of the EMDG scheme remain relevant.
- Each SME’s export journey is unique, and assistance needs to reflect this. Financial assistance needs to change along the export journey. The program should be re-targeted and have two tiers:
- SMEs who are new to export, and
- expanding exporters with a turnover of less than $20 million.
- The administration process needs to be simplified and streamlined.