e-commerce to Indonesia
E-commerce in Indonesia: A guide for Australian business
E-commerce in Indonesia: A guide for Australian business (PDF) was prepared by research company Amplitude in conjunction with Austrade. It contains research indicating market opportunities for Australian businesses looking to access Indonesia’s 100 million-plus internet users.
The guide is a starting point for businesses considering selling products on Indonesian e-commerce platforms. It provides an overview of Indonesia’s largest e-commerce platforms, online consumer profiles and preferences, popular products and categories, entry points for Australian businesses and a how-to guide on approaches for accessing the market.
There are some changes on the regulation of E-commerce in Indonesia: A guide for Australian business report:
- Cross border/postal tax-free threshold is US$ 3
- Indonesian Government just issued a new regulation: Regulation on The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic Indonesia No 8 of 2020 on Supervision of Drug and Food Distributed Online. This regulation restricts to sale unregistered product online. Also, a prohibition to sell alcoholic beverages online.
Please note: This list of websites and resources is not definitive. Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement by Austrade. The information provided is a guide only. The content is for information and carries no warranty; as such, the addressee must exercise their own discretion in its use. Australia’s anti-bribery laws apply overseas and Austrade will not provide business related services to any party who breaches the law and will report credible evidence of any breach. For further information, please see foreign bribery information and awareness pack.
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission – Austrade – contributes to Australia's economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets
- win productive foreign direct investment
- promote international education
- strengthen Australia's tourism industry
- seek consular and passport services.
Working in partnership with Australian state and territory governments, Austrade provides information and advice that can help Australian companies reduce the time, cost and risk of exporting. We also administer the Export Market Development Grant Scheme and offer a range of services to Australian exporters in growth and emerging markets.
For more information on how Austrade can assist you
Call 13 28 78
Submit your enquiry