UK-Australia Space Bridge
Connecting the United Kingdom and Australian space sectors
The United Kingdom (UK)-Australia Space Bridge agreement is to boost cooperation and speed up the growth of the Australian and UK space sectors. It will allow for increased trade and investment opportunities.
Opportunities for businesses
The agreement creates processes for UK and Australian space businesses to connect and collaborate. Activity includes:
- targeted events
- work programs
- increased support
- funding grants.
This will help:
- unlock trade and investment opportunities
- increase and enable opportunities for research and development (R&D) collaboration
- encourage discussions on policy alignment and emerging trends or issues.
How we can help
Contact SpaceBridgeUK-AU@austrade.gov.au to find out more about opportunities to connect with the Australian or UK space sectors.
Funding and Austrade support has helped many space businesses and research organisations. Find out more:
Australian Space Agency space bridge success stories are on YouTube.
About the agreement
The UK-Australia Space Bridge was signed on 23 February 2021. It is an agreement between:
- the Australian Space Agency
- the UK Department for International Trade
- the UK Space Agency.
The agreement sets a framework for increased cooperation between the UK and Australia. It covers 4 main areas:
- government-to-government collaboration on space programs and technology
- trade, investment and business
- research and education.
Download the Space Bridge Framework Arrangement from the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources website.