Entry into Canada is determined solely by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials, in accordance with Canadian law. Please refer to CBSA for details. Canadian law requires tha all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity.

As of 15 March 2016, Australians (and other visa-exempt foreign nationals) travelling to or transiting through Canada by air now require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA). eTA’s are not required for land and sea travel.

For further information on Canadian visa requirements or to apply for an eTA, contact Canadian Immigration and Citizenship.