Grants and support for tourism businesses
Grants and support are available to help Australian tourism businesses succeed.
Find grants and support
You can find grants and support programs at:
Austrade grants and support
We have a range of programs to help tourism businesses and organisations. These include:
Indigenous tourism operator grants
The National Indigenous Australians Agency has information about the Indigenous Tourism Fund. It provides business support and grants for Indigenous tourism operators and community organisations.
Find information about the Australian Heritage Grants program on the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment website. The program provides support to protect and promote national heritage listed places.
Regional tourism grants
Regional tourism grants and programs include the:
Support by state or territory
You may be eligible for grants and support programs depending on your state or territory.
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
New South Wales (NSW)
Northern Territory (NT)
- Tourism Industry Support, Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
- Events grants, Tourism & Events Queensland
- Small business grants, Business Queensland
- Great Barrier Reef Grants, Great Barrier Reef Foundation
- General Grants, Grant Services Queensland
- Arts Grants, Arts Queensland
- Infrastructure grants, State Development Queensland
- Financial Counselling Service, Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
Western Australia (WA)
Self-help resilience kits
Self-help resilience kits are available to help tourism businesses and organisations prepare, respond and recover:
Selling or closing your business
If you are considering closing your business, business.gov.au and the ATO Tax Time toolkit have information to:
- help you assess if closing your business is the right decision
- explain how to complete your legal and tax obligations.
Specific support is also available for Indigenous businesses.