Calling All Australian Scaleups –Real Opportunities in HK - APPLY NOW!
AUSTRALIA-HONG KONG TECH BRIDGE
Embedding Australian Scaleups in Hong Kong corporates
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission in Hong Kong is calling for Australian scaleups with a working prototype or a minimal viable product (MVP) to apply for the #propUP Program – an intensive 8-week Techstars startup program powered by MTR in Hong Kong - one of the world's leading railway operators - and driven by mentors and rooted in Customer Development methodology. Application deadline is Friday 29 June 2018.
As part of Austrade Hong Kong and Macau’s program of embedding scaleup teams into significant Hong Kong enterprises, Austrade has secured exclusive access for appropriate market-ready tech scaleups to take part in MTR’s #propUP Program.
#propUP is the a program to help founders get to their next stage of development. Entrepreneurs will have a chance to work on a proof-of-concept with MTR, discover content from Techstars library, get paired with experienced mentors, meet entrepreneurs from the community, and get exposure at the demo day.
#propUP Program is designed for companies with developing innovative products and services that can enhance the customer experience, safety, and performance of the 12 shopping malls owned and operated by MTR, in the following two categories:
Innovative technology - services and products that will enhance the customer experience
- Service and experience to generate “new” patronage for shopping malls (e.g. Store Analytics, Point of Sale, Personalisation, In-Store Experience, AI, big data analytics, etc)
- Service and technology to differentiate MTR malls from other shopping malls (e.g. Retail AR, IoT, self-service concierge by Robots/indoor navigation/AI video monitoring or customers service, etc.)
Innovative technology - services and products that will enhance safety, and operation performance of shopping malls
- New technology that can enhance performance of MTR operational asset (e.g. Sustainable products & services; Prevention of pollution (air, water & waste); Sustainable resource use (resource efficiency & water use);
- New technology that can enhance safety of MTR colleagues/customers/tenants (e.g. OH&S training utilising AR/VR)
Scaleups are challenged to:
- validate their assumptions and technology in a ‘real world’ commercial setting;
- search for a repeatable and scalable business model; and
- work with MTR Properties on a proof-of-concept with view to commercialising your solution
ABOUT THE TIMELINE
Your application will be reviewed by Techstars and MTR. Up to 10 teams will be invited to Hong Kong to join Phase 1 of the program on 16 July to 27 July 2018 (Week 1 - 2) to receive extensive mentoring and great connections with MTR and community entrepreneurs. A Pitch Competition will be held on 30 July 2018. Up to 5 teams will be invited to continue to the second part of the program on 7 August to 11 September 2018 (Week 3 – 8) to receive exclusive support from MTR executives and managers to create a Proof-of-Concept. Demo Day will be held on 19 & 20 September 2018. Full program details can be found here.
|Apply now until 29 June 2018
|11 July 2018
|16 July - 27 July 2018 (week 1-2)
|30 July 2018
|7 August - 11 September 2018 (week 3 - 8)
|19 and 20 September 2018
In addition to the #propUP Program, you will also benefit from an Austrade tailored program* which includes:
- A pre-departure meeting with MTR Australia: Understand the operations and culture of MTR Australia-Hong Kong connections
- Introduction to Hong Kong: Understand the Hong Kong market and how business is done in Hong Kong
- Immersion into the ecosystem: Meet with potential investors, entrepreneurs, customers, partners, and accelerators in Hong Kong and engage with the local startup community
- FREE hot desking: Gain access to 1-month free hot desking at Campfire Collaborative Spaces with discounted co-living space
- Opportunities and next steps: Identify further potential business opportunities and provide counselling for future steps
For details about the Austrade tailored program, please talk to Winnie Tang Austrade Hong Kong & Macau at Tel: +852 2588 5304 or Email: email@example.com
*Program subject to change.
You will work alongside a small group of high quality scaleup teams, and receive mentorship, exclusive connections to MTR and a tested curriculum to grow your project. Seize the opportunity and apply NOW!