National visitor economy strategy: THRIVE 2030 consultation draft
The Australian Government has released a proposed strategy for the visitor economy, THRIVE 2030 (The Re-Imagined Visitor Economy). We are seeking stakeholder views on the draft.
The strategy will be the national long-term plan to rebuild and return the visitor economy to long-term sustainable growth. It includes actions for governments and industry.
How to prepare your feedback
The Reimagining the Visitor Economy Expert Panel undertook extensive consultation to identify problems, barriers, ideas and solutions. These are captured in the proposed strategy.
We are now seeking focused feedback on:
- the strategy’s proposed actions
- further ideas on actions to address the policy priorities in the strategy.
Appendix 1 of the strategy contains the Summary of Strategy Priority Actions.
Please answer these questions about the 7 policy priorities in Appendix 1:
- What are the top 3 actions you would prioritise to help the industry recover and grow?
- Are there additional actions that could be considered? Please outline the actions and suggest who would deliver them.
- Are there any actions that you would not support? If so, why?
- Are there any actions you suggest are done differently? Please outline them.
- Are there any government or industry programs you have observed as successful in addressing the 7 priority areas? These can be past or present, local, state, territory, federal government or industry programs.
- Are there existing resources that could drive outcomes?
How to submit your feedback
Please send your input to email@example.com with ‘Draft Strategy feedback’ in the subject line.
Submissions close 5pm 23 December 2021.