Unlocking Australia-India critical minerals partnership potential
India critical minerals demand report
The report highlights ways Australian companies and institutions can partner with India to:
• supply critical minerals
• attract investment for Australian mining and mineral processing projects
• export services and technology to process, refine, recover and recycle critical minerals
• help with mineral exploration in India
• support India’s mining-related environmental management
• carry out joint research projects.
• economies of scale for offtake projects
• a pipeline of manufacturing-led commercial innovation opportunities.
We commissioned the report as part of the Australia-India Business Exchange (AIBX) program.
Eight priority critical minerals
The report lists eight critical minerals that matter most to Australia and India.
These are in three groups, based on their end-use industries:
- traditional – titanium and vanadium
- sunrise – lithium
- mixed use:
- light rare earth elements (LREEs)
- heavy rare earth elements (HREEs).
How we can help to connect you with Indian companies
We have a dedicated trade and investment team in major India cities. Our specialists can help Australian businesses understand, enter and succeed in this market. You can also find out about how to get involved in AIBX.
Contact Austrade online or call 13 28 78.
If you are having difficulty accessing the document, please contact us.