Checklist to apply
Prepare these documents before you apply for an EMDG grant, then follow the checklist and EMDG Guidelines to apply.
Refer to the EMDG Guidelines for complete information.
Prepare to apply
When applying you will need to provide
- Evidence to show you are eligible for an EMDG grant and you are Australian (note you must have an ABN).
- Evidence to show your product is eligible, including that it is of substantially Australian origin.
- Your plan to market.
- Your 2020–21 Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement to prove your turnover is less than $20 million.
Plan to market
Your plan to market could be:
- A one-page statement
- A strategic roadmap for marketing
- Any other internal planning document
It should explain:
- why you are undertaking the proposed marketing
- what business goals you are seeking to achieve through your marketing
- how you will measure success
- your overall budget for each financial year
- where and what customers or demographic your marketing is targeting
- what marketing activities you will undertake - this could be as detailed or as strategic as you like.
To apply you must
- ensure you have a myGovID
- complete the online grant application form via the Apply for EMDG link below from 9am AEST 16 August 2021
- provide all the information requested
- address and meet all eligibility criteria – see Eligibility sections 4, 5 and 6 in the EMDG Guidelines
- include all necessary attachments – How to apply, section 7 in the EMDG Guidelines
- submit your online application by the closing date: 5pm AEDT on 30 November 2021.
If you need to clarify any part of your application, refer to:
Please also refer to the following key documents when preparing your application:
Sample Application form
Terms and Conditions declaration
Privacy and Confidentiality declaration
Plan to Market
Representative Body attachment
Goods made outside Australia attachment
Services other than tourism attachment
Sample Tier 1 - Simple Commonwealth Grant Agreement
Sample Tier 2 - Simple Commonwealth Grant Agreement
Sample Tier 3 - Simple Commonwealth Grant Agreement
Sample Representative Body – Simple Commonwealth Grant Agreement
EMDG program application form
This grant opportunity opens on 9am AEST, 16 August 2021 and closes at 5pm AEDT on 30 November 2021, for eligible expenses incurred for promotional activities from 1 July 2021.
Austrade cannot accept incomplete or late applications.