We comply with the Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework and supporting policies.
Access tools and guidance on the Commonwealth Fraud Prevention Centre website.
Types of fraud
Fraud against Austrade can be:
- internal (staff and contractors)
- external (members of the public)
- collusion between internal and external parties.
Fraudulent activities include:
- accounting (false invoices, misappropriation)
- unlawful use of, or obtaining property, equipment, material or services
- causing a loss, or avoiding and/or creating a liability
- providing false or misleading information to the Commonwealth
- failing to provide information to the Commonwealth where there is an obligation to do so
- misusing Commonwealth assets, equipment or facilities
- making, or using false, forged or falsified documents
- wrongfully using Commonwealth information or intellectual property
- bribery, corruption or abuse of office
- relevant bankruptcy offences
- any offences of a similar nature to the above.
How to report fraud
You are encouraged to provide as much information as you can about the allegation or suspicion of fraud against Austrade.
General fraud reports
Call: (02) 9392 2807
Write to: Chief Legal Counsel, Austrade, GPO Box 2386, Canberra ACT 2601.
Reports about Export Market Development Grants
Call: 1800 006 352
Write to: Manager Special Investigations Unit, Austrade, GPO Box 5301, Sydney NSW 2001.
Confidentiality and privacy
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of everyone who reports suspected fraud against Austrade.
Providing your name and contact details will help the investigation into your allegations and suspicions.
Austrade is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Trade Commission Act 1985 . This requires that all confidential information remains protected. All records will be held securely. No information will be passed on to other departments or agencies unless allowed by law.