Applying for Austrade jobs
It’s important to understand the application process when applying for Austrade jobs.
The vacancy listing for each role has a link to a job information pack. This information includes:
- role requirements
- selection criteria
- eligibility criteria
- contact officer details for queries about roles.
How to apply
To apply, you need to:
- provide a copy of your CV or resume
- provide a statement or ‘pitch’ about how your skills, abilities and experience meet the job requirements
- provide contact details for your referees
- submit your application through Austrade’s online recruitment system.
Preparing your application response
When preparing your application for an Austrade job, you may need to:
- provide a statement clearly describing your experience, or
- respond to specific questions or selection criteria.
Key points to include in your response includes:
- your skills and experience
- how you attained the relevant skills and experience
- your level of competence.
In your responses, it’s important to highlight your ability to perform in the role. You should include specific examples and achievements.
What to avoid
You should try to avoid:
- statements about competence or experience without examples from your most relevant career experience
- generalising – you should use specific examples
- restating information from our website or your resume.
Read more about applying for Australian Public Service (APS) jobs in Cracking the code on the Australian Public Service Commission website.
For more information contact Corporate Support or call +61 2 9392 2222.
Austrade is part of the Australian Public Service (APS). Vacancies are open to Australian citizens only.
We may accept your application if you:
- have permanent resident status, and
- are already booked for a citizenship ceremony within 3 months of the closing date for applications.
However, we can’t employ you until citizenship is granted.
Contact our Corporate Support team seeking permission to apply.
You will undergo pre-employment checks if you are the preferred candidate. These include:
- Australian citizenship
- health and security checks
- background checks.
View current vacancies
Find out more about: