Leveraging the programs, funds and convening power of International Financing Institutions (IFIs) to maximise Australian companies' presence in emerging markets.
This session will focus on some of the major IFIs in Asia Pacific - ADB, World Bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). It will provide an outline of IFIs geographic and sectoral priorities and associated programs and opportunities.
- Austrade introduction
- IFIs: Opportunities to pursue aid-funded business
- Role of IFIs
- The opportunity: IFIs are more than just funding
- Institutional fast facts, strategies, stakeholders and forecasts on the "new normal" in major sectors
- ADB, WB, AIIB, USAID, JICA
- Project cycle and flow of funds
- Case studies on engagement models and ways the private sector can benefit from IFIs
- Tips and best practices, support from Austrade