Entering India’s Online Retail Market
Guide for Australian companies to sell online in India
E-commerce in India is expected to grow 21% to reach US$200 billion by 2026. India’s online market has the potential to surpass the United States and become the second largest (after China) in the world by 2034.
There are significant opportunities for Australian businesses in this growing market.
It is expected that:
- the number of smart-phone users in India will reach over 830 million by the end of 2022
- India will have 350 million online buyers by 2025, up from 90 million in 2017
- digital spending will reach US$550 billion (A$715 billion) and account for 35% of all retail sales by 2025.
The report offers:
- insights into online behavior of Indian consumers
- effective business models for India’s online retail market
- a step-by-step guide to selling online in India.
How Austrade can help
We have a dedicated team in major India cities. Our specialists can help Australian businesses understand, enter and succeed in this market. You can also find out about how to get involved in The Australia India Business Exchange program.
Contact Austrade online or call 13 28 78.