Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013

Public Interest Disclosure SchemeThe Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 (PID Act) provides for current and past public officials to report serious wrongdoing in the Commonwealth public sector. The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is subject to the PID Act and has established appropriate policies and procedures in relation to this legislation. Past and current public officials may make public interest disclosures relating to Austrade either by phone or in writing to:

The Australian Trade and Investment Commission
Attention: Public Interest Disclosure Officer
Nishi level 1 and 2
Phillip Law street
Canberra ACT 2601

Switchboard: 13 28 78

What you can expect from us

You will be advised within 14 days that your request has been received. An Authorised Officer will determine if or not to investigate the PID. Investigations will normally be completed within 90 days of receipt of the PID. If you did not submit the PID anonymously, you will receive a copy of the report, subject to any necessary deletions.

A copy of the Public Interest Disclosure Policy will be made available to public officials on request.

Further information