Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery
Status: applications closed
We administer the Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery Grants program. The program helps regions affected by the 2019-20 bushfires.
Two groups of applicants were eligible for funding:
- Local government authorities and regional tourism organisations eligible for Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
- Local government authorities and regional tourism organisations eligible for DRFA and declared 'Category D'.
The program opened on 11 February 2020.
Applications for smaller events (stream 1) closed on 18 December 2020.
Applications for larger events (stream 2) closed on 8 May 2020.
The $10 million grants program was part of the Australian Government’s $76 million funding package for tourism recovery.
Stream 1 supported smaller events, including promotion. Applicants could apply for more than one grant each to a total value of $30,000.
Stream 2 supported larger events, including promotion. Applicants were asked to include scalable funding proposals.
Find approved stream 1 (smaller events) projects on grants.gov.au by searching GO3689.
Find approved stream 2 (larger events) projects on grants.gov.au by searching GO3955.
Members of the expert advisory panel comprised:
- Ms Sandra Chipchase (Chair), former Chief Executive Officer of Destination NSW and Executive Producer, Vivid Sydney Festival
- Mr Michael Luchich, South Australian State Director, Optus, and Chairman of Country Arts South Australia
- Ms Sara Quon, Chief Executive Officer of Sovereign Hill Museums Association, Board Member of Visit Victoria and the Committee for Ballarat.
Phone 1800 048 155 or email RTBR@austrade.gov.au