Tourism and aviation network support
Status: Discounted tickets are now available
The government’s Tourism and Aviation Network Support Program (TANS) discounts airfares to select tourism regions. Over 800,000 half-price airfares are available.
The program is to help:
- drive tourism demand for interstate travel
- support economic recovery in regional Australia.
Regions included in the program
Regions included in the program:
- Gold Coast
- Great Ocean Road (Avalon)
- Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie
- Kangaroo Island
- Lasseter and Alice Springs
- Sunshine Coast
- Tropical North Queensland (Cairns)
- The Whitsundays (Proserpine and Hamilton Island).
Discounted tickets are available from 1 April 2021.
Travellers need to book tickets by 28 February 2022, for travel by 28 February 2022.
How to apply
Travellers can buy half-price tickets from these participating airlines:
- Qantas and Jetstar
- Virgin Australia
- Fly Pelican
- Link Airways.
TANS fact sheet
Read the TANS fact sheet (PDF 131KB) for more information about the program.
About the program
The TANS program forms part of a $1.2 billion government support package. It encourages Australians to travel to key regions greatly impacted by the loss of international tourism.