About the initiative
The Australia India Future Skills Initiative is a 4-year program led by Austrade. It aims to showcase how Australian education and training can help India increase and enhance the skills of its people.
- helps Indian and Australian skills providers to better understand each others' needs
- promotes strategic relationships to establish Australia as a training partner of choice for India
- uses industry-led models to connect Australian vocational education, training and skills providers to Indian business, government, learners and employers.
Austrade's role in the initiative
Austrade's role in the initiative is to:
- support Australian Registered Training Organisations, TAFEs, dual-sector universities and skills institutes to connect with Indian universities, training centres and corporate partners
- foster Australia-India collaboration across joint skilling programs, micro-credentials, certifications and short-term programs to deliver Australian skills in India
- develop 2-way skills trade missions between Australia and India to help Australian providers connect with Indian government and industry
- scope out opportunities to collaborate on prospective courses, pathways and new products
- promote and profile Australian skills capability through business, learner and employer success stories.
A dedicated Austrade team across Australia and India is leading the initiative. Leadership and Business Directors work to secure industry partnerships.
Supporting Australia-India education initiatives
The Future Skills Initiative:
For more information about the Future Skills Initiative or to get involved, email Future.Skills@austrade.gov.au.