Australia’s International Business Survey 2014
Australia’s International Business Survey 2014 (AIBS 2014) is one of the most comprehensive investigations into Australian international business activity to be conducted in more than a decade.
Capturing data from more than 1,600 Australian businesses, the report reflects the opinions of a wide range of firms from diverse industries operating in more than 120 overseas markets.
AIBS 2014 provides detailed information on:
- the demographics of participating businesses including size, experience and the role of international earnings;
- the nature of their engagement with the global economy;
- the overseas markets they currently operate in;
- the barriers they face in accessing those markets;
- the markets that they are targeting for future business;
- domestic factors impacting on their international competitiveness, including their ability to access finance; and
- the impact of Australia’s reputation.
AIBS 2014 was commissioned by the Export Council of Australia (ECA) with the support of Austrade and EFIC (Export Finance and Insurance Corporation) and was conducted by the University of Sydney between October and December last year.
The Highlights Report, which provides a detailed overview of the results, is available for download. The complete Survey Report can also be downloaded.
Survey results for seven of the top ten markets targeted by Australian businesses are available:
Results are also available by industry: