31 Mar 2017
This week the IMF explores the puzzle of productivity, and Brexit spurs reflection on the UK’s path forward.
- IMF pieces together the Productivity Puzzle: with ongoing technological change, why is productivity falling?
- IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde on the brave new world of fintech.
- Peterson Institute on how an updated NAFTA could support US exports and broader US economic interests.
- Brexit: Project Syndicate on what the UK can learn from the experience of small economies.
- Thirty-three Chinese cities have attained high-income status by World Bank standards. Four years ago, only 16 Chinese cities had crossed that threshold. Project Syndicate provides an example of ‘managed urbanisation’.
- The Productivity Commission releases a report into the Regulation of Agriculture – with chapters on export and investment.